CooperVision is a global manufacturer of contact lenses. If you're a wearer it's likely that you've tried our products as we supply to some of the UK's largest opticians & household names. We are a global business with a presence in over 40 countries, but we operate as a \"big small\" company. This means we can be flexible to the ever-changing market, the needs of our customers and also means we are able to think outside of the box to make changes where we need to.
At CooperVision we have four key values that really define who we are as a business and our unique culture; we are dedicated, we are inventive, we are friendly, we are partners. We're also focused on improving the way we do business every day, putting our customers first and supporting our colleagues.
Through a combination of innovative products and creative solutions focused support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and contact lens wearers.
We're ambitious and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join our growing teams, to support our mission and our vision of helping our customers see more clearly every day. We are currently recruiting for a IT Operations Analyst to join our experienced Information Services team.
What will you do as a IT Operations Analyst?
As an IT Operations Analyst, you will provide 1st Level systems support, maintenance and administration within the organization's computing environment. You will perform onsite and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems for end users. Recommends and implements corrective solutions. In addition, you will install, configure tests, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user related hardware and software in order to meet or exceed published SLA's; with effective management of the customer relationship during the entire support process. Administers enterprise class tools such as SCCM to analyze the enterprise computing environment, and for the development and planning of automated maintenance activities against security and compliance best practices.
* Receive and responds to incoming calls, Service Desk tickets, and/or e-mails regarding IT support
* Performs moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted
* Enforces the security policies of the organization and follows Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) IT process
* Communicates, shares problems and resolutions, and works with the other IT verticals in order to effectively deliver IT services
* Global active directory services and related components
* Daily support of highly virtualized global environment through the use of VMware, VSphere and Citrix environments, as well as associated replication technologies.
* Write technical specifications for hardware/software configurations, installations and deployments
* Constantly assess the need for and implements performance upgrades to all related end user hardware
* Collaborates with Server Storage Group and Network Groups to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
* Prepares tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance and provides performance statistics/ reports
* Maintains and builds professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training events, by subscribing to and reading trade periodicals and by reading applicable technical manuals, books and guides
* Daily interaction and collaboration with other technology verticals regarding project planning, troubleshooting initiatives, and day to day operations.
* Develops and maintains an inventory of all computer related hardware.
* Accurately documents instances of desktop equipment or component failure, installation, and removal.
* Liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
* Manage local telecommunications requirements and agreements.
* Provides support during regular office hours and is able to respond to urgent matters and planned events after hours when needed.
* Participates in the out of hours support call rotation.
* Possible travel to other locations within or outside of primary country of employment.
**Key Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of enterprise grade Cisco, excellent project management, AND A Good level of conversational and written English. Excellent technical knowledge of PC desktop hardware and software, including MS Windows 7, MS Office suites and related products web browsers, and utility applications such as anti-virus, file management, desktop deployment and backup software is also essential. Other knowledge and skills include:
* Scripting for automated deployments and managements tasks
* Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
* Excellent technical knowledge of mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, etc)
* Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
* Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
* Outstanding Customer Service skills.
We are looking for someone with hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience and extensive equipment support experience with laptops, desktops, mobile devices, etc. the successful candidate will also be familiar with the principles of ITIL and have a college diploma or university degree in the field of computer information systems and/or 2-4 years equivalent work experience. Certifications in A , Network , MCDST, ITIL, etc preferred but not essential.
As well as a competitive salary, CooperVision can also offer you a whole package of benefits including:
Free Parking/Tea/Coffee & free fruit (monthly/weekly)
If you like what you see, join us and not only will you be joining a growing business full of opportunity and diversity, but you will also be working alongside some of the brightest, most dedicated and passionate members of our industry. We promise this won't be a short-sighted move.
All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal consideration and opportunities from CooperVision.