IT Project Management Intern (Fall 2019 Semester)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Here at CRICO our Information Technology team is working on a number of exciting projects to improve our operations and the customer experience. These projects include upgrades to our in-house technology, improving our functional capabilities and transactional systems, implementing an Enterprise Data Warehouse and many more. Our IT department provides services across multiple disciplines including Business Analysis, Software Development, Quality Assurance, IS Operations and Project Management.
Our Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for: maintaining the program/project portfolio, establishing and maturing project methodologies, defining administrative and management processes and procedures, and the PMO directly manages, monitors or mentors both full time project managers and non-project managers to deliver projects within scope, on time, and on budget.
CRICO is seeking a versatile PMO Intern who can provide general task and administrative support across the IT department and who has an interest on focusing on PMO operations (resource and capacity planning, financial controls, status reporting, template development, etc). Note: This is a 6-months, part-time opportunity beginning in the Fall 2019 Semester.
- Perform resource capacity planning for the entire IT department including FTE and on/off shore contractors using excel based tools
- Analyze resource capacity trends and identify under/over utilization issues and staffing risks.
- Prepare regular reports for management review regarding department capacity
- Analyze actual time charges across IT department Support, IT Foundational and Project work hours VS monthly forecasts
- Create and maintain project management artifacts related to Financial management of projects
- Organize and track services based contracts for the IT department
- Provide support to project managers in the area of project support and administration
- Analyze data and generate useful business and operational reports
- Assist in developing presentation materials for the management team
- Must currently be seeking Bachelor s (concentration in IS or a related field preferred)
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication abilities
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Must possess ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong excel skills (as capacity planning tool is excel based)
- Knowledge of and strong interest in Software Project Management
- Knowledge of Solution Delivery and SDLC (Solution Development Life Cycle) practices
- Knowledge of business process and data modeling techniques a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Visio
- Passion for continuous learning
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...