Tower Tech II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the erection, construction and maintenance of wireless towers and co-location system placement in accordance with all safety and quality guidelines and expectations.
- Perform installation, inspection and maintenance services for wireless radio and antenna systems on towers, rooftops and other elevated structures
- Mount antennas (Panels and microwave dishes), run coax, apply connectors, sweep lines, and PIM Test Coax lines
- Installation of up-top equipment including masts, clamping, bracing, supports, antennas, RRUs, cabling, bolting, true up, shooting proper azimuth within tolerances, reading maps and a compass, torque to spec, labeling, picture-taking, documentation, plumb and tilt readings with smart level, etc.
- Perform tower top work and ensure that a quality and safe installation has been performed, including rigging, hoisting, landing, fastening, etc.
- Assemble monopole, all weld and knock down self-support and guyed towers
- Antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15 foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
- Transmission line and installation of foam or air dielectric coaxial, hardline and elliptical wave-guides
- Responsible for tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); related trade school education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' experience; specific experience with wireless carrier builds required
- Ability to read and understand a customer detail plan
- Knowledge and proven ability to perform Fiber/Sweep testing
- Knowledge of knots and tower rigging necessary
- Working knowledge of Fall Protection practice and procedures and tower life saving techniques
- Must have or obtain documented Authorized Climber & Competent Climber/Rescue certification from an accredited institution that meets the federal standards
- Must have or obtain OSHA Construction 10 HR Safety Training Card issued by the US Department of Labor
- Must have or obtain First Aid and CPR certification
- Must have completed an RF/EME safety course from a competent provider with documentation
- Ability to operate aerial lifts, man lifts, skid steers and aerial platform equipment
- Able to work directly with customers, and build BOM based on job needs per plans
- DC/AC electrical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct mechanical or electrical connections
- Industrial first aid and rescue training
- Strong organizational, administrative, interpersonal ,verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate, lead, teach and train on proper work and safety procedures
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently when required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing
- Must be able to climb and perform work at various heights, up to 400 feet, for long periods of time
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes
- Must be able to pull his/her own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time
- Must be willing to travel out of market/state, for up to several months at a time
- May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
Loading some great jobs for you...