Job title: Restaurant Training Manager- Boston
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: F&B Director
- Assists in training the onboard staff, including recruitment, training, coaching and skill developing, and shipmate retention.
- Provides assistance to restaurant managers for Shipmate adherence to procedures detailed in the Product Book. This includes thorough pre-cruise preparation, adherence to cruise scripts, supervision and development of front-line staff, proper execution of food & beverage service.
- Participates in pre-cruise meetings and training topics and communicates and leads front-line staff all necessary training for OSS, Safety, Sanitation, Beverage and Menu. Maintain a standard of 1 training session every week.
- Ensures that staff and guests adhere to all safety standards and procedures.
- Ensures that staff is trained and consistently follows and adheres to proper alcohol service guidelines thereby ensuring the safety of each guest and leads TIPs training classes.
- Ensures that all staff consistently follows and adheres to all health department sanitation codes and requirements thereby maintaining the Company s strict standards of sanitation. Leads standard sanitation training for all shipmates.
- Observes and recommends frontline-staff that require further training and development to ensure proper and effective service
- Recommends approved programs that improve the level of service and product quality
- Assists in recruiting all front-line staff when necessary to fill vacant positions, conducts interviews as needed and makes recommendation to hire.
- Coordinate and partake in delivering training to all new front-line staff, including both classroom and hands on training.
- Develops positive working relationships with city department heads and peers
- Develops strong teamwork within the staff
- Coaches shipmates through the guest experience on a training cruise.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops peer trainers.
- Adheres to established training program, utilize training guides, checklists, quizzes, and feedback information to competently train each shipmate. Ensures compliance and completion of all paperwork and shadow shifts.
- Ensures that all states and local health and alcohol control requirements are met onboard and that all employees are familiar with these requirements
- Attends all scheduled meetings
- Updates and maintains all training manuals, quizzes, tests, and any other materials to ensure they are consistently up to date.
- Operates all restaurant systems (PC, restaurant cost analysis software, cash registers) Familiar with, or ability to quickly learn and adapt to all operational restaurant systems (PC, Menulink, EBMS, Aloha)
The successful training supervisor will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by quality, service, departmental tests, management evaluation, and feedback from peers on the city s team.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalency required
- Associates Degree or a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Responsible alcohol service requirements. TIPS Certification required
- Health department sanitations codes & requirements. ServSafe Certification required
- Mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) necessary to interpret reports
- Successfully manage front-line restaurant staff
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Recruit front-line restaurant staff
- Train, develop and motivate staff
- Analyze and solve problems
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility
- Provide advice/opinion and exercise discretion concerning confidential and sensitive matters
- Listen effectively, assesses the situation, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus
- Set aside emotional factors and/or validate them in order to discover key/relevant issues
- Work with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel)
For purposes of this job description only, references to the Company are to the following subsidiaries of Entertainment Cruises, Inc.: Premier Yachts, Inc., Mystic Blue Cruises, Inc., Seadog Ventures, Inc., and Spirit Cruises, LLC. You are employed by one of these subsidiaries, not by Entertainment Cruises, Inc.
More detail about Entertainment Cruises (Odyssey & Spirit Cruises) - Boston part of Entertainment Cruises, please visit