- Next Step Healthcare
- $89,330.00 -131,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
7 Greenough Ave
Norwood Healthcare is seeking a Full Time MDS Coordinator (RN).
At Next Step Healthcare, we are driven to provide each of our patients with an experience that exceeds their expectations. Whether you are a short-term patient with rehabilitation needs after a hospital stay or a long-term patient with chronic and complex care needs, our skilled nursing facilities are designed to offer personalized healthcare.
The MDS Coordinator (RN) is responsible for assuring timely completion of accurate assessments and interdisciplinary care plans that meet Federal and State guidelines. Although interdisciplinary effort is required, the MDS Coordinator includes but is not limited to; MDS accuracy, MDS transmission, care plans, UR, nurse note accuracy, discharge planning, QAPI, family meetings, harmonious workplace, customer service, policies and procedures, federal and state compliance. The MDS Coordinator must lead by example by promoting positive morale within their department and throughout the facility by smiling and greeting residents, families and all employees.
- Completes assessments, Minimum Data Set (MOS} and care plans for all residents assigned.
- Monitors completion of MDSs by other disciplines within timeframes prescribed by regulatory guidelines.
- Advises supervisor of incomplete and/or untimely assessments by disciplines other than nursing.
- Ensures accurate, timely completion of the MDS/RAPs/Triggers sheet for assigned residents.
- Initiates care plans and supporting activities that will result in best possible outcome for assigned residents.
- Participates in morning clinical meeting
- Conducts Utilization Review meeting. Ensures that all disciplines have updated and accurate information.
- Participates in discharge planning, care plan meetings & family meetings
- Maintains and updates all care plans and assessments for assigned residents on a quarterly basis (at minimum) and adds/deletes issues as necessary.
- Reviews all resident incidents and accidents and the 24-hour report daily to ensure that care plans for assigned residents reflect current and changing needs.
- Monitors and ensures completion of 7-day look-back documentation by nursing staff within prescribed MDS timeframe.
- Monitors and audits clinical record documentation on assigned residents to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Advises Director of Nursing of persistent issues related to non-compliant documentation on assigned residents.
- Promotes and participates in ongoing education, inside and outside the facility, to maintain and enhance knowledge of current and new regulations.
- Maintains current knowledge of RAI Manual and MDS assessment process.
- Performs all job duties in a manner that ensures that confidential information and resident rights are protected at all times
- Participates in Manager on Duty program
- Supports and promotes facility and company standards for superior customer service by exhibiting positive, courteous, and helpful behavior when dealing with all internal and external customers.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing and currently licensed by the state of MA - Compact License may apply.
- Valid CPR Certification is required.
- Must show ability to read and write in a legible and understandable manner.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Previous experience in a long-term care facility or other healthcare related facility preferred.
Next Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for all employees.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, hospice, infusion, intensive care unit, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...