- Partners HealthCare System
7 Greenough Ave
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs reception duties such as:
* Answer and direct phone calls.
* Screen WIC applicants for eligibility.
* Manage appointment scheduling/rescheduling for WIC appointments and for health center nutrition appointments.
* Becomes proficient in and operates WIC and BWH computer systems
* Greet and triage participants to appropriate staff.
* Oversee flow of applicants/participants in waiting area.
* Clerical duties as required.
* Follows all protocols and/or regulations for processing WIC applicants/participants for (re)certification including:
* Verification of identity, income, residency, and participant category. Complete data entry for appointments.
* Educate and/ or explain participant's rights and responsibilities, WIC foods, and using benefits at authorized vendors.
* Referrals to MassHealth, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and Transitional Aid to Families of Dependent Children (TAFDC) programs as well as other health and human service programs.
* Provide notification for end of certification, missed benefits, and/or ineligibility to receive WIC benefits.
* Oversees benefit issuance for prescribed food prescription including:
* (Re)issuing of food/formula prescription benefits.
* Security of WIC Card stock.
* Performs other duties as needed, including quality assurance activities.
* Attends all WIC staff meetings, health center meetings and health center committee meetings.
* Ordering supplies.
* Completing reports.
Education and Experience Required
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* One year's general office experience with proficient computer skills.
* Experience in health care or community facility preferred.
* Functional fluency in Spanish
* Sensitivity to the needs of the participant population.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Availability to work at multiple WIC sites and during program clinic hours, as needed.
Associated topics: disease, drug, drug development, health, injury, microbiological, pharmacometrics, pharmacy, physiology, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...