SCHEDULE: 40 hours, Sunday - Thursday, 8.00 a.m. 4:30 p.m., Including Weekend and Evening Coverage as needed
Substance Abuse Clinician will provide quality substance abuse counseling services according to the programs established policies and procedures. Substance Abuse Clinician accepts assigned program participants and, conducts bio-psycho-social assessments for use in treatment planning and aftercare referrals. The incumbent conducts individual and group sessions and participates in the development of group content. Substance Abuse Clinician works closely with intake case manager and aftercare coordinator to assist in discharge planning and placement including the development of community supports. Substance Abuse Clinician is expected to accurately complete all required documentation within CareLogic (the electronic health record), to ensure the client electronic clinical record is complete, and to keep client progress notes up-to-date at all times. incumbent will assist in crisis prevention/intervention and milieu management. The Substance Abuse Clinician works to obtain or maintain clinical credentials and/or licensure by receiving supervision and attending training opportunities.
* Masters in social work, counseling, psychology or mental health and a minimum of one year of supervised substance abuse experience
* Minimum of one (1) year of supervised substance abuse experience
* Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of substance abuse, group process, homeless issues and community resources, including HIV/AIDS and mental health
* Experience in completing assessment and individual and group therapy to adults with addictive and mental health disorders
* Experience with facilitating didactic and cognitive groups
* Knowledge of developmental stages through the life span and gender specific issues
* Knowledge of or willingness to use Motivational Interviewing techniques
* Knowledge or experience working with self-help programs
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage high volume of client related paperwork
* Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Data base and Outlook
* Demonstrate ability to organize and manage a heavy workload.
* Experience communicating with 3rd party payors regarding insurance re-authorizations.
* Demonstrate commitment to the Pine Street Inns Vision and Mission
* Ability to climb stairs
* Ability to use computers and other office equipment
* Ability to access physically all program locations
* Ability to communicate in person, by telephone, and by computer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.