Part-time After School Aide for Special Needs (Franklin Location)
Hours Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 2:30-6:00 Tuesday and early release days 11-6:00
Aides for Child with Special Needs needed to work 1:1 in after school program.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Help child transition within the program (school to program , activity to activity, program to home, etc.)
- Help child develop independence and social skills.
- Encourage and assist child participate in planned activities
- Active Supervision during every aspect of program including in the classroom, outdoors, and field trips.
- Implement Positive Behavior Management Techniques to help child learn acceptable social behavior to group interaction, acceptance of limits, cooperation, respect for others, and expression of feelings.
- With support from Coordinators, observe and record needs and successes for child and write yearly progress report.
- Perform housekeeping jobs to keep classrooms clean and orderly, and keep educational materials in good condition.
- Willingness to perform other duties assigned by Program Directors/Coordinators.
- Attend outside trainings and conferences for professional growth
- Attend Staff meetings, meetings with parents, and agency events as requested.
- Previous Experience working with children
- Cori/Sori and Fingerprint Check
- Statement of health from physician
- CPR/First Aid Training within 30 days of hire
- EEC Trainings/registration within 30 days of hire
- Reference checks
Compensation and Benefits:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Salary Range $17-$20 based on experience and qualifications
- Tufts Insurance Available
- Aflac Benefits
- Dental Available
- Retirement Plan
- Ongoing Professional Development