Rubius Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company pioneering a new era of cellular medicines. Our proprietary RED PLATFORM? was designed to genetically engineer and culture Red Cell Therapeutics? that are selective, potent and ready to-use cellular therapies for the potential treatment of several diseases across multiple therapeutic areas. Our initial focus is to advance RCT? product candidates for the treatment of rare diseases, cancer and autoimmune diseases by leveraging three distinct therapeutic modalities ? cellular shielding, potent cell-cell interaction and tolerance induction. We plan to file our first Investigational New Drug application (IND) for RTX-134 in phenylketonuria during the first quarter of 2019. We are planning to file additional INDs in rare diseases, cancer and autoimmune diseases in 2019, 2020 and beyond.
The company, a 2017 \"Fierce 15\" award winner, was founded in 2013, is based in Cambridge, MA and is currently expanding across the all functions within the organization. Having completed our an initial public offering (Nasdaq: RUBY), we are well capitalized to execute our vision and strategy. For more information, please visit us at www.rubiustx.com or follow us on Twitter.
We are looking for a Senior/Research Associate to join the autoimmune group to help drive key autoimmune programs. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, technically competent and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals, with deep scientific background in immunology, cancer immunotherapy, and/or autoimmune diseases, who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
* Work closely with a team of scientists in the Discovery teams on autoimmune projects.
* Contribute to and/or independently execute experiments for in vitro immune assays, phenotyping immune populations, and sample preparation for in vivo studies.
* Data analysis and proper electronic notebook record keeping.
* Communication of experimental plans and data to multiple cross-functional scientific teams.
* Assist in maintaining a strong, entrepreneurial and creative culture with a clear sense of urgency and focus on providing transformational therapies to patients.
Education & Experience
* BS or MS degree in biology, immunology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred.
* Prior research background in immunology or autoimmune disease.
* Strong experimental skills, including tissue culture, primary immune cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, immunoassay development, and in vivo model execution.
* Passionate about working at the bench to independently contribute to research directions and solve challenging issues.
* Detail oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
* Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering for challenging commitments.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Team oriented with strong work ethic.
EEO Statement: Rubius Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Recruitment & staffing agencies: Rubius Therapeutics does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Rubius Talent Acquisition. Please do not forward resumes to our ...@rubiustx.com account, Rubius employees or any other company location; Rubius Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: bacteria, biomedical, clinical, histologist, metabolism, microbiology, nutrition, protein, toxicologist, virus