Employer is looking for a strategic product leader to lead our Middle Mile platform team.
You will lead a growing team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for the Transportation Middle Mile platform, which has a mission to promise and reliably achieve fast, predictable delivery that delights customers through speed, convenience, and value. This role is highly strategic with a broad scope of impact, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders.
This Transportation product team is responsible for enabling procurement, planning and execution of all linehaul transportation between suppliers and nodes in our Employer Delivery Network, building in flexibility and using scale to optimize for speed and cost. What you will do:
- Partner with senior operations executives to define and align business and product vision and strategy
- Develop and maintain product platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Work with your team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of product managers and associates and partner with engineering leadership to continually evolve the R&D organization for growth
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of the team's initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of Product at large
- Proven track record of successful management of product development execution from vision to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Demonstrated success in aligning of vision and execution cross-functionally in highly matrixed environments
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of lean startup execution and 'get it done' attitude
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- 7-10+ years product management experience working with operational systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 5+ years' experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with developing & implementing new technology
- Proficient and comfortable with relational database query languages and data architecture
- Subject matter familiarity in supply chain or transportation preferred
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.