Correctional Medicine opening in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.comOverview
Our Licensed Practical Nurse assists with the provision of comprehensive psychiatric and medical care within the scope of their practice and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse makes and receives assignments, sets priorities and participates in program services as assigned.
Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school.
Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic setting preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of practice or qualify for licensing through reciprocity arrangements with other states.
- Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements, practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures, documentation requirements, medication education.
- Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders; human growth and development, principles of psychiatric rehabilitation (recovery model), providing care within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing services and related policy and procedures including adequate knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) standards as related to position. Proper utilization of medical equipment including glucometer.
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Associated topics: hemodialysis, license, licensed, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, nurses, pediatrics, practical nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...