1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Masters Degree in nursing.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
2. A minimum of five to seven years of progressively more responsible experience in nursing, including at least two years of management experience.
3. Experience working with unions, preferably the MNA, is highly desirable.
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services Job Category: General Management
Under general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Senior Director in collaboration with Physician Chair of Surgery leads the perioperative service line.
He/She has 24/7 operational responsibility and administrative oversight for ORs, PACU, PAT, SDC, GI/Endoscopy, Central Sterile Service across both campuses. He/She directs and evaluates the clinical, administrative, and educational activities of personnel on assigned unit for all shifts.
Participates in the development of goals, policies, procedures, and budgets for the service line and.
Ensures appropriate staffing, supplies, and equipment.
Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages, Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
Qualifications: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops goals and plans for service line in relation to the hospital vision and goals. Formulates policies and procedures for the department and secures appropriate approvals for implementation. Ensures efficient work flow, delineation of duties/responsibilities, efficient staffing patterns, appropriate supervision, and effective communication to staff and other departments.
Participates in and supports the development of nursing care practice models for improved patient care. Evaluates the quality of patient care provided in collaboration with other members of the QI Committee and medical staff. Recommends and takes action to improve services when necessary.
Resolves routine operational problems/issues. Participates in resolving operational concerns.
Hires, evaluates, develops, disciplines, and discharges personnel, delegating such matters to supervisory personnel as appropriate. Plans staffing patterns. Assumes duties of subordinate personnel as needed.
Communicates clinical, employment, administrative, and Hospital information to staff. Conducts staff meetings. Provides in-service training as necessary, and supports the teaching and learning process in the clinical setting.
2. Develops and secures approvals for a coordinated budget in the areas of responsibility. Monitors expenditures and ensures adherence to approved budget. Evaluates and recommends new equipment, techniques, and supplies.
Coordinates equipment purchases, including capital items.
3. Facilitates the design and establishment of appropriate management control procedures for areas of responsibility. Prepares and maintains records, schedules, recurring and special reports, and analyses.
Facilitates goal attainment for unit and takes or recommends corrective action as necessary.
5. Participates in planning of new or enhanced programs/services, including clinical, administrative, educational, and physical facilities issues. Coordinates development of standards and educational programs.
Participates on various Medical Center and Tenet counsels/ committees, task forces as appropriate/required.
6. Works collaboratively with members of the departments of anesthesia and surgery in developing policies, processes and procedures which enhance overall quality, efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction.
Full-time Benefits - Full Relocation Assistance Available - No
5+ to 7 years experience Management Experience Required - No Minimum Education - Master's Degree Willingness to Travel - Occasionally Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, care unit, hospice, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, registed, registered nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.